This article describes how to replace an existing data set in Displayr with a new data set.
A Displayr document with an imported data file in your Data Sets tree.
1. Select the data set folder of the file you wish to update in your Data Sets tree.
2. Press the Update button in the object inspector on the right.
OR select Anything > Data > Data Set > Update at Step 1.
3. For most data sources, you will be presented with a Where is your data screen. Select the appropriate option to load your updated file.
If you are using the same data source you can follow the same steps as when you first imported the data set. See below for details:
- Data files (.sav, .xml, .sss, .mdd, .xls, .xlsx, .csv) stored on your computer or local drive.
- Data files saved in Cloud storage (Displayr Cloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box).
- Data files made available as a URL.
- API Integrations (Qualtrics, Decipher, SurveyMonkey).
Note, it is possible to change the data source among the above options. For example, you can replace a data set imported from your computer with one saved as a URL by selecting URL, provided the data format is exactly the same.
When selecting either of the below data source options, you will instead be taken directly to the code or query window:
In these cases, you simply need to press OK.