This article provides an overview of the different methods for importing data into Displayr. If you are relatively new to analyzing survey data, please read Find the Best Possible Data File before proceeding, as a lot of time can be saved by making sure you have the best possible file format. (Excel and CSV files may require additional setup depending on whether they have been exported as labels or values.)
- A Displayr document.
- You will require a professional Displayr license if dealing with data files that are more than 1,000 rows and 100 columns.
The following methods of data importation are available in Displayr:
- Data files (.sav, .xml, .sss, .mdd, .xls, .xlsx, .csv) stored on your computer or local drive.
- Data files saved in Cloud storage (Displayr Cloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box).
- Data files made accessible as a URL.
- API Integrations (Qualtrics, Decipher, SurveyMonkey, Displayr).
- SQL databases.
- Custom R code via URLs and accessing other APIs.
- QPacks from Q Research Software.
- Pasting tables.
1. The majority of these options are found in your document under Data Sets > Plus (+):
2. Custom R code for importing data can also be written using Calculation > Custom Code > click page.
3. Professional users can upload QPacks from their Documents page via the Upload button:
4. Tabular data can be pasted directly via Anything > Table > Paste or Enter Table.
Once you've imported your data, it's always a good idea to Check Your Data.