This article describes how to go from a table containing hierarchical data...
...to a chart that shows this data either as a single funnel or pyramid. This is sometimes called a brand funnel.
You need a table that contains data in at least one column, where the data is arranged in hierarchical order with the largest number first and the smallest last (or vice versa).
Method 1 - via the visualization menu
1. Go to Visualization > Bar > Funnel.
2. Under Inputs > DATA SOURCE > Output in 'Pages' select the table that contains the data.
3. OPTIONAL: Go to Chart > DATA SERIES > Color palette and select Blues, light to dark.
4. OPTIONAL: Go to Chart > DATA LABELS and select Show data labels.
Method 2 - using an existing table
- Select the table.
- From the object inspector, go to Visualization > Bar > Funnel.
- OPTIONAL: Under Chart, you can make further adjustments to the appearance of the visualization.
If your data is sorted with the largest number in the first row, your output will be a funnel. If it's sorted with the smallest number in the first row, it'll be a pyramid. This can be swapped around by selecting Inputs > ROW MANIPULATIONS > Reverse rows.
If your table contains multiple columns and you want to make one chart for each column, then under Inputs > OUTPUT > Visualization > Bar > Small Multiples Funnel:
Important information about editing captions:
Visualization caption edits may not be retained when a visualization with a nested table is switched back to table. Normally, this only occurs when you double-click the caption and edit the text directly. As a workaround, we recommend using Properties > CAPTION > Edit caption to edit your captions.