This article describes how to combine multiple Binary - Multi questions into a Binary Grid question, or multiple Number - Multi questions into a Number - Grid. This can also be used to combine questions from a grid that have been stored in the data file without the appropriate labeling.
Below is an example of two Awareness (unaided and aided) questions:
And below, combined into a grid:
- A data set loaded into a document in Displayr.
- The input questions to be combined as a grid must have identical labels and be in the same order. It is usually better to ask your data provider to set up the labels in your file so that the grid structure can be automatically determined when you import the data. See the recommended specifications in Method 3 here.
- At least two Binary - Multi or Number - Multi variables, see Variable Sets for more detail.
- In the Data Sets tree, select at least two binary - multi or number - multi variables.
- Hover over the variables until a + sign appears.
- Click on the + sign and go to Ready-Made New Variables > Combine Variable Sets As Grid.
How to Combine and Split Variable Sets
Article is closed for comments.