This article describes the simplest way to create a filter in Displayr. Filters can be used in View Mode for viewers to filter pages interactively or in Edit Mode to filter outputs in the Document.
- A Displayr document containing a Data Set.
- A Variable to be used as a Filter.
- Select to the Anything > Filter > New (or click the New button next to the Filter(s) dropdown in the object inspector of an output).
- Select the variable you wish to use as a filter from the Select Data drop-down menu (e.g., Age).
- Select the categories(s) you wish to be included in the filter (e.g., 18 to 24, 25 to 29 and 30 to 34).
- OPTIONAL: Type in the desired Filter label in the text field at the top.
- Select Create filter.