This article describes how take one question and filter it by the categories in another question. You can use this to create grid type of questions from two questions or create pre-filtered grid questions based on another question. For example, you can go from a Binary - Grid question in which all columns are based on a total sample...
....to a table in which each column (e.g., retailer) is rebased using another question (e.g., visited the retailer in the last 12 months).
- A variable or variable set to filter. This can be any variable or variable set in your document.
- A Nominal variable with mutually exclusive categories or a Binary - Multi variable set with overlapping categories to use as a filter.
- From the Data Set tree, select the variable set you wish to filter.
- Go to the Anything menu, and select Filter > Filter One Variable Set by Another.
- In the first dialog box, select the variable set you want to filter (e.g., Q14x) then press OK.
- In the second dialog box, select the variable or variable set to use as a filter (e.g., Q8X) then press OK.
- On the next screen, select one of the following:
- Yes Select 'Yes' to split out the variable set to filter from step 3 by each category in the the categories in the filter variable set from step 4. This will break the first variable set down by each category in the filter variable set.
- Or select No to match labels between the first and and second variable sets to create one filtered variable for each match.
- If you selected No in step 5, Displayr will attempt to match the labels in both variable sets automatically. If it can't find a match for every label, it will prompt you to manually match them..
- Displayr will generate a new version of our question with the correct basing using the appropriate question label (e.g., Q14x filtered by Q8x).