Displayr has two major types of visualizations: Visualizations and Visualizations with Tests (formerly known as Charts). Visualizations are generated by R Code on the back-end, while Visualization with Tests is created directly in the app. Visualizations have more features.
This article will describe how to create and apply a PowerPoint Chart Template for your Visualizations with Tests.
It describes how to go from a default Visualizations with Tests design...
...to a templated chart design.
Note: Visualizations don't have the same template system, see How to Create a Visualization Template for more detail.
Method: Create and Save a Template
- From the Visualization menu, select the type of chart you want to make.
- Inside the chart-specific menu, check the box labeled Show Legacy Charts.
- The Visualization menu will change to include charts with Tests. Select the type of chart you would like ...with Tests. For example, Bar with Tests.
- Format the chart to match the requirements for a template, e.g. colors, fonts, and other formatting features.
- Select this chart, then in the object inspector select Save as Template.
- Give the template a name and select OK.
Method: Apply a Template to a Visualization with Tests
1. Select a chart on the Page.
2. Go to the object inspector and select Apply template.