Displayr has two major types of visualizations: Visualizations and Visualizations with Tests (formerly known as Charts).Visualizations are generated by R Code on the back-end, while Visualization with Tests are created directly in the app. Both can be created using the Visualization button directly from a built-in table, but Visualizations can also be linked to R Calculations and other outputs and has other features like hover.
This article will describe how to create and apply a template for your Visualizations with Tests. Visualizations don't have the same template system, see How to Create a Visualization Template for more detail.
This article describes how to create and apply a template in Displayr to a Visualization with Tests.
It describes how to go from a default Visualizations with Tests design...
...to a templated chart design.
- When creating a template before you start you need to create a new page in your Document to perform the remaining steps.
- A Visualization with Tests created by using the Visualization menu, or by selecting a table on the Page and then presenting this as a chart by altering the Inputs > OUTPUT > Visualization > Type of Visualization > Type with Tests.
Method: Create and Save a Template
- Format a chart to match the requirements for a template, e.g. colors, fonts, and other formatting features.
- Select this chart, then in the object inspector > Inputs > OUTPUT select Save as Template.
- Give the template a name and select OK.
Method: Apply a Template to a Visualization with Tests
1. Select a chart on the Page.
2. Go to the object inspector > Inputs > OUTPUT, and select Apply template.