Standardizing within variable means scaling each column of the raw data so that it has a mean of 0 and a standard deviation of 1. This article describes how to go from the data below:
For each column/variable in the data, centering within variable will subtract the mean for the column from each entry in the column to yield the following:
This creates for each selected containing the transformed data after centering within each variable.
- A Displayr document containing Nominal - Multi: Grid with unordered categories or Ordinal - Multi: Grid with ordered categories.
Thiscreates for each selected containing the transformed data after centering within the variable. To standardize a variable:
- Select the variable or variable sets in the Data Sets tree.
- Still in the Data Sets tree, hover where you want to insert the new variable, then click the + button to select Ready-Made new Variables > Scale Variable(s) > Center Within Variable.
- OPTIONAL: If your document contains more than one data file you will be prompted to select the data file. Click OK.
- Next, you will be asked to select the variable sets you want to standardize, click OK.
- A new numeric R variable is created. Centering data means that the average of a variable is subtracted from the data.