This article describes how to transform the data for each selected variable set and create a new R variable set that contains the transformed data after scaling the values for each variable so that the data values all lie between 0 and 1. Consider the data below:
For each column/variable in the data, this QScript will subtract the minimum of the column from each entry and then divide by the range (maximum minus minimum) of the column to yield the following
- A Displayr document containing variable sets of the structure Nominal - Multi: Grid with unordered categories or Ordinal - Multi: Grid with ordered categories.
To use this transformation:
- Select one or more variable sets in the Data Sets tree.
- Still in the Data Sets tree, hover where you want to insert the new variable, then click the + button to select Ready-Made new Variables > Scale Variable(s) > Unit Interval Within Variable.
- OPTIONAL: If your document contains more than one data file you will be prompted to select the data file. Click OK.
- Next, you will be asked to select the variable sets you want to transform, click OK.
- For each selected variable set, a new R variable is created.