This article describes how to transform the data for each selected variable set and create a new variable set that contains the transformed data after scaling the values for each variable so that the data values all lie between 0 and 1. Consider the data below:
For each column/variable in the data, this QScript will subtract the minimum of the column from each entry and then divide by the range (maximum minus minimum) of the column to yield the following
- A Displayr document that contains one or more Nominal - Multi, Ordinal - Multi, Numeric - Multi, Numeric - Grid, Nominal, Ordinal or Numeric variable sets.
To use this transformation:
- Select one or more variable sets in the Data Sets tree.
- Still in the Data Sets tree, either hover over any variable in your Data Sets tree > Plus (+) > Insert Variable(s) > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Scale Variable(s) > Unit Interval Within Variable or else from the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > New > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Scale Variable(s) > Unit Interval Within Variable.
- OPTIONAL: If your document contains more than one data file you will be prompted to select the data file. Click OK.
- Next, you will be asked to select the variable sets you want to transform, click OK.
- For each selected variable set, a new variable set is created.