Standardizing within case means scaling each case (row) of the raw data so that it has a mean of 0 and a standard deviation of 1. This article describes how to go from the data below:
To the following:
- A Displayr document that contains one or more Nominal - Multi, Ordinal - Multi, Numeric - Multi, Numeric - Grid, Nominal, Ordinal or Numeric variable sets.
Thiscreates for each selected containing the transformed data after centering within case. To standardize a variable:
- Select the variable or variable sets in the Data Sets tree.
- Still in the Data Sets tree, either hover over any variable in your Data Sets tree > Plus (+) > Insert Variable(s) > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Scale Variable(s) > Center Within Case or else from the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > New > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Scale Variable(s) > Center Within Case.
- OPTIONAL: If your document contains more than one data file you will be prompted to select the data file. Click OK.
- Next, you will be asked to select the variable sets you want to standardize, click OK.
- A new numeric variable is created. Centering data means that the average of a variable is subtracted from the data.
Scale Variable(s) to Center Within Variable
Article is closed for comments.