To allow other people to edit your documents, or to allow specific people to view your documents (without the ability to edit them), you need to switch to a multi-user account. After you add a person to your account and they accept their invite, they will be able to see your account's documents list and edit or view documents, based on permissions you assign. This article describes how to go from a single-user account to a multi-user account.
- You must have a paid professional user license to convert to a multi-user account.
- You must have Administrator privileges to change the settings below. If you don't see the menus mentioned in the steps below, please contact the administrator for your Displayr account.
1. First, you will need to configure your account to allow for multiple users. From the Documents page, select the user icon in the top right corner.
2. Select Account settings.
3. Click on the Settings tab.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Expand [Company name] button.
5. Click OK at the prompt 'You can now invite users into [Company name]'.
6. Now you can invite users to your account. After the page refreshes, scroll down to the Users section.
7. Click the + New User button to add a user.
8. Enter the user's Name and Email along with any Notes.
9. Select the user's permission level from the Group membership list box. If unfamiliar with user groups, see How to Manage User Groups and Permissions in Displayr.
10. Click Save.
All users will be listed on the Settings page in the Users > Invitations section, and once the user accepts and sets up a password, they will show in the main list of users. Once the user shows up in the main list of users, you can click on a user's name to make edits to their account settings and you can assign them a license if needed, see How to Reassign a License to a New User.
If you have joined a multi-user account, but already created some documents in your own account, then you may wish to move some of those documents into the multi-user account to share access with the other users, see How to Move Documents Between Accounts.