This article describes how to upload an existing file into dropbox and also how to create a new file in dropbox.
- A Dropbox account.
- A Dropbox Access Token (see How to Create an Access Token for Dropbox).
Method 1 - using an existing file
- Go to Dropbox and log in (you need a Dropbox account to do this).
- Navigate to the folder for which you have an Access Token.
- Select Upload > Files.
- Select the data set you wish to upload and click Open.
Method 2 - creating a new file
Perform this step only once. Repeating it will overwrite any existing file.
- In Displayr select Calculation > Custom Code and click on the Page where you want to position the output.
- Update and enter the below R Code:
empty.data = data.frame(time = as.POSIXct(character()),
memory = integer())
ExportToDropbox(empty.data, token, file = "memorydata.rda")
The example of the above code creates a file in which it stores the memory usage of the R session. In this case, the file contains two 2 columns: time and memory. That's why the code contains two arguments in the data.frame() function.
You will need to replace the mention of token with your token string. For instance, if your token was ABCDefgh1234 you would need to put "ABCDefgh1234" in place of the token (including the quotation marks).
You will also need to update the names, number, and data types of the columns to fit the format of your data.
How to Create an Access Token for Dropbox
How to Link Displayr Documents Using DropBox
How to Import Data from Dropbox
How to Automatically Append Data to an Existing Data Set Stored in Dropbox
How to Get Started with the Displayr API
How to Merge Data Files Using the Displayr API
Article is closed for comments.