For Displayr to access Dropbox you need a Dropbox account and an authorization token. This article describes how to create an access token for Dropbox.
- A Dropbox account.
To use Dropbox, we need to tell Dropbox to create what it calls an app. To do that:
- Go to the Dropbox App Console and log in (you need a Dropbox account to do this).
- Click on Create App.
- Select the Chose the API.
- Type in the desired App name.
- Tick I agree to Dropbox API Terms and Conditions.
- Select Create App.
- After the app is created, you will be taken to the App's settings page for the app. Scroll to the OAuth2 section, find the Generate access token section and click on Generate.
- Dropbox will create a token in a format of a text string output which you can copy and paste into Displayr.
Access token example:
Note, the app (and the token) can only be used to access a single folder. It cannot be used to access or modify files in other folders of your Dropbox.