This article describes how to use Displayr's API to merge two data files and import the updated data file into an existing Displayr document.
In this example, the API merges a data set saved in a Displayr document containing 699 respondents with another data set containing 20 respondents. Finally, the API updates the Displayr document with the merged data set containing 719 respondents.
- An Enterprise Displayr license with purchased View hours.
- A Displayr Document.
- Python (see How to Get Started with the Displayr API).
- Document secret (see How to Obtain the Document Secret for Use in the Displayr API).
- The name of the data set used in the Document.
- A second data set with matching the structure of the data set in our Document.
- The appenddata.zip file containing the Displayr API for merging data files.
- See Displayr API and Technical Reference for further details.
- Click here to download the appenddata zip file.
- Double-click on the file to open it.
The zip file contains a data file (PhoneExtra.sav) and a Python script for merging (appenddata.py).Save both files somewhere on your computer or network.
- Open the appenddata.py file using a text editor (eg Notepad if using Windows).
- OPTIONAL: On line 6, update host_name if you are an Enterprise user with a region-specific server location. This can be copied from your Displayr URL.
- On line 26, replace insert-document-secret with the document secret.
- On line 29 replace current-file-name with the name of the file used in the document; in this example, it's called Phone.sav. You can find the name of the data set in the Data Sets tree of your existing Document.
- On line 32 replace extra-data-file-name with the name of the file containing the additional data; in this example, it's called PhoneExtra.sav.
- Save and close the file.
- Run the script, as described in How to Get Started with the Displayr API.