This article describes how to publish data to the Displayr Cloud Drive in SPSS, CSV or QDat format either as a one off export or as automatically updating data sets for sharing with other documents. This feature exports all variables in the current document - not the original raw data file. You may want to do this if you need to archive your current data set, want a static file of your API data, want to setup auto-updating to a file for use in another document, want to create a leaner .sav file for import, or do other things in Create a Separate Data Preparation Document.
Since Displayr exports the data set rather than the raw data file, please take note of how changes to the data in Displayr will affect the export:
- Binary-Multi variable sets will be exported as 1s and 0s (and blanks if applicable).
- Any recoded values will be used in place of the original values.
- Any changed labels will be used instead of the originals.
- The results of formulas will be included, but the formulas themselves will not.
- Hidden variable sets will be excluded from the export.
- Deleted cases will be excluded from the export.
- BANNERs created by our drag and drop tool will become simple Binary-Multi variable sets without the drag and drop functionality, nesting, sub-nets, etc.
Any categories you have merged, NETs you've created, or categories deleted in tables will not be merged, created, or deleted in the saved file.
- A Professional or Enterprise Displayr license.
- A document with one or more loaded data sets (.sav, .xml, .sss, .mdd, .xls, .xlsx, .csv, or from one of our built-in integrations).
1. Go to Publish > Export Data > To Displayr Cloud Drive as SPSS File (.SAV) or To Displayr Cloud Drive as CSV File (.CSV) or To Displayr Cloud Drive as Q Data File (.QDat) in the toolbar.
2. On the next screen, select Whenever document is published to update the file whenever the document is published, or Just now to only publish the file once, then click OK.
3. Choose the name of your file with the correct format extension.
4. Note, if you have more than one data set in your document, you will be prompted to select which one to publish.