This article describes how to go from a crosstab of data containing a Date/Time variable, and a Numeric variable...
...to a state where the data can be visualized as a time series graph allowing viewers to explore sequences of data ordered by time. The time series can be explored by zooming in or out and using a range of scales.
You will need:
- A Date/Time structure variable.
- At least one Numeric structure variable.
- A table with Date/Time values in the first column (if using a table as a Data Source).
- From the toolbar, go to Visualization > Time Series > Time Series with Dynamic Window.
- From the object inspector, go to Inputs > DATA SOURCE, select the type of data source you wish to use to create the Time Series Graph.
- If you wish to use an existing table go to Input table and select the desired table from the drop-down menu.
- If you wish to use variables go to Variables and first select the Date/Time structured variable, followed by the Numeric variable. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the variables from the Data Sets tree into the menu itself.
- To input the data manually, select Paste or type table. A new dialog box window will open where you can paste or type in your data. Note that the table must meet the requirements as described above.
OPTIONAL: You can customize the look of the chart by going to Chart and adjusting the settings for APPEARANCE and DATA SERIES.