If an issue arises in the software, our Support team may require more information to help get to the bottom of the issue. This information will help the team narrow down the cause of the issue and will speed up getting you a solution. The easiest way to reach out to the Support team for help is through Help > Contact Support within Displayr, but you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some helpful information to include:
- Details about the issue can you provide for Support to try to replicate the issue.
- What specific pages or outputs are affected?
- What steps are you following? What specific menu items and fields are you using?
- What filters do you have selected? Does this happen using other filters too?
- Screenshots of any errors or before/after are very helpful!
- In addition to writing out the steps you took when the issue occurred, record a video of what is happening and contact support at the same time by clicking on the Help > Contact Support button at the top right of Displayr, then selecting Take a screen recording.
- How prevalent is the issue and what things are common between occurrences?
- When did you notice the issue?
- Are your colleagues experiencing the same issue? Are you located in the same office?
- Are you using a specific network or VPN or have a security/firewall system?
- Is the issue present on multiple documents or just one?
- Does the issue occur on a specific computer or on any computer?
- Is it an issue with your computer or browser?
- Have you restarted your computer recently? Some issues are affected by the browser and a restart will help reset that.
- Do you have any plug-ins or add-ons enabled in your browser?
- Have you tried using different browsers?
- What browser are you using and what is its version number?
- If requested by Support, sometimes a HAR file is helpful to triage more technical browser issues - see Generating a HAR file for troubleshooting. This gives our developers insight into exactly what is going on between Displayr and your browser before and when the issue is triggered.
Please sign in to leave a comment.