This article describes how to nest a grid in a banner. By default, only Variable Sets with Nominal, Binary-Multi, Binary-Multi (Compact), Ordinal, or Date/Time structures can be dragged to the banner palette. If it is in another format, such as Binary-Multi grid with unordered categories, when you are creating your banner, it won't show up in the list of variables eligible for inclusion in the banner.
A Displayr Document
- Select the grid variable you want to nest from the Data Set tree, and click to plus sign to the right of the variable set.
- From the Insert Variables menu, select Ready-Made New Variables > Flatten Variable Sets(s) to create a flattened version of the grid.
- Select a single Variable Set as the initial data for the Banner. You can add more variables later.
- Select Anything > Data > Variables > New > Banner.
The new banner will appear on the right and in your Data Set tree:
- Drag the flattened Variable Set to just below the Gender variable in your Banner. A box just below the variable will open up where you can drop it.
After you drop it, a preview window will also appear to show you want the banner will look like:
- Drag the Banner variable onto the page.
The results are as follows: