The default output of a Principal Component Analysis is a table showing the attributes and their scores going into each component. However, it may be more intuitive for some review or illustrate the results on a scatter plot. This article describes how to go from a Principal Component Analysis:
to a Component Plot based on scores from the first two components from the Principal Component Analysis:
- A Principal Component Analysis (PCA) created in Displayr, see How to Do Principal Component Analysis in Displayr.
1. From the object inspector on the PCA output, click PLOT > Component Plot.
Otherwise, if using an older PCA output without that option available.
1. Click Anything > Advanced Analysis > Dimension Reduction > Diagnostic > Component Plot.
2. From the object inspector on the right, select your PCA output from the Principal components analysis drop-down box.
3. Click the Calculate button.