Displayr is designed for both data analysis and reporting. This article describes what Displayr does, the issues it solves, the root causes of these issues, and how Displayr addresses the issues.
What Displayr does
Displayr helps users to find and share stories in their data. It performs:
- Data analysis, replacing products like Excel, Google Sheets, SPSS, SAS, R, WinCross, and MarketSight. It's used for lots of types of data, but its primary specialty is with the analysis of surveys (e.g., market research, customer feedback, employee surveys).
- Reporting, replacing products like PowerPoint, Google Slides, Keynote, Power BI, and Tableau.
Issues Displayr solves
The 1,400+ customers that use Displayr, tell us that they chose Displayr to enable them to overcome the following issues:
Analysis and reporting issues
The root causes of these issues
There are three root causes of all of these issues:
- The data explosion.
- Increased competition.
- Using multiple complicated tools for analysis and reporting.
The data explosion and increased competition are well-understood. The role that using multiple complicated tools plays in causing the issues above is less well-known.
As an example, many companies use the following workflow:
- They crunch the numbers in a tool like Excel, SPSS, MarketSight, or WinCross.
- If they've got text data, they may process it in a specialty product like Ascribe.
- If they have more advanced components in a project, they may use R, SAS, Sawtooth, or Latent Gold.
- They then put all the data into Excel or Google Sheets to tidy it up.
- They then write up the reporting in PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- If a dashboard is required, they will use a specialty tool like Tableau, Power BI, or Dapresy.
Just because there are multiple different tools, a whole lot of time is spent moving the data between the tools (e.g., copying data from one app into Excel and then into PowerPoint).
As many of the tools are really old, they are hard and slow to use. This leads to a need for specialists. This both raises costs and creates resource bottlenecks, which slows things down even more.
Slower projects mean higher costs.
Higher costs lead to greater pressures to do more for less.
This leads to mistakes being made, which requires an increased focus on quality assurance to eliminate mistakes, which means that the work is further slowed down, and costs go up.
The increased pressure to do more for less means that there are insufficient time and resources for performing "value-added" work.
The outcome of this is that clients and stakeholders are not always delighted. This causes them to give more opportunities to competitors (e.g., other teams, other companies). This, along with increased competition, leads to increased pressure to do more for less. The cycle continues.
It follows from the above, that if a company can replace multiple complicated tools, with a single tool that makes it simpler to do work, many of the workflow and commercial issues outlined above are solved.
How Displayr solves these issues
Displayr is truly complete. It is one app that can be used to both calculate anything and create beautiful data stories. It removes the need to use multiple apps.
Displayr makes it easy to create stories at the same time as doing analysis. This reduces bottlenecks and saves time, as there's no need to do much of the repetitive grunt work (e.g., the whole process of export to Excel, then copy into PowerPoint, is removed).
Displayr makes it easy to perform both standard analyses and complicated analyses. This makes Displayr easy to learn and use, and reduces the need to have specialists, which both reduces costs and reduces the time taken to finish projects.