Explore mode allows the user to explore the data and save the outputs for future use. Viewers of a published document can Explore existing charts and tables or create their own.
In Explore More, the user has access to some of the same controls that are available in Edit mode. Any tables or charts created in Explore mode will be available only to the user that created them. To save the outputs for later use, the user needs to be logged in and have the appropriate access rights to the company Displayr account.
This article describes how to access and use Explore mode.
- A Document published as a Webpage.
- Access to the Document.
- Enabled Explore Mode, see: How to Enable Explore Mode
- A Displayr account and login details are only required if you wish to save your Explore Mode work in future sessions.
- Open the published Document and click on the Explore button.
- Select Create Table or click on an existing table or chart on the Page.
Note: Statistical analyses and items created using the Visualization menu are not available to explore (e.g., MaxDiff).
When you select Create Table, Displayr will create a table showing the breakdown for the first available variable in the data set. If you select an existing table and chart, Displayr will open a new page showing the selected output.
- Create the desired output by using options from the seven menus as detailed below.
- The Copy and Delete buttons allow you to copy or delete your existing table/chart output. You can also use the Copy button to create a new table.
- The Name field is the reference name of the table/chart you've created. This can be altered as needed.
These two drop-down menus allow you to select the questions (variable sets) you wish to show in your table/chart.
The first drop-down corresponds to table rows and the second drop-down to columns.
Tables and Charts
- Select the Table button to switch a chart output back to a table.
- Select the Visualization button to open the Visualization menu to choose the desired type.
The Statistics section allows you to select the statistics you wish to appear in the table.
- Select the Cells menu to add statistics to the cells of the table.
- Select the Below to add column-level statistics to the bottom of the table.
- Select the Right to add row-level statistics to the right end of the table.
- Use the top two buttons to increase or decrease the number of decimal points displayed in the output.
- Select the % sign to add or remove % signs from the table.
- Select the $ sign to add or remove the currency symbol to money values.
Any weights available in the Document will appear in the weight drop-down menu. Select the weight to apply it to the data in the table/visualization.
Any filters not hidden in the Document (available through the Filter dropdown in the header in View Mode) are available in the right Filtering pane. Users can also create their own, see How to Create and Apply a Filter in Explore Mode.