Viewers of a published document have the ability to Explore charts and tables or to create their own tables and charts. Explore mode allows the user to explore the data and save the outputs for future use.
The user has access to many of the same controls that are available when editing in Displayr. Any tables or charts that are created in Explore mode will be available only to the user that created them. Only logged-in users with appropriate access rights to the company Displayr account will have their outputs saved and available the next time they view the report.
This article describes how to access and use Explore mode.
- A Document published as a Webpage.
- Access to the Document.
- Enabled Explore Mode, see: How to use Explore Mode.
- Displayr login details.
- Open the published Document and click on the Explore button.
- Select Create Table or click on an existing table or chart in the Document
Note: Statistical analyses and items created using the Visualization menu are not available to explore (e.g. MaxDiff).
When you select Create Table, Displayr will create a table showing the breakdown for the first available variable in the data set. If you select an existing table and chart, Displayr will open a new page showing the selected output.
- Create the desired output by using options from the seven menus available as detailed below.
- The Copy and Delete buttons allow you to copy or delete your existing table/chart output. You can also use the Copy button to create a new table.
- The Name field is the reference name of the table/chart that you've created. This can be altered as needed.
These two drop-down menus allow you to select the questions (variable sets) you wish to show in your table/chart.
The first drop-down corresponds to table rows and the second drop-down to columns.
Tables and Charts
- Select the Table button to switch a chart output back to a table.
- Select the Charts button to open the chart menu to choose chart type you want.
The Statistics section allows you to select the statistics you wish to appear in the table.
- Select Cells menu to add statistics in the cells of the table.
- Select Below to add column-level statistics to the bottom of the table.
- Select Right to add row-level statistics to the end of the table.
- Use the top two buttons to increase or decrease the number of decimal points displayed in the output.
- Select the % sign to add or remove % signs from the table.
- Select the $ sign to add or remove the currency symbol to money values.
Any weights available in the document will appear in the weight drop-down menu. Select the weight to apply them to the data in the table/chart.