This article describes how to go from a table or crosstab, like this:
To a pictograph bar chart that shows proportions like this:
You need a table with a single column (or a crosstab with a column in it to reference), or a categorical variable.
1. Go to Visualization > Pictographs > Pictograph Bar.
2. Under Inputs > DATA SOURCE > Output in 'Pages' select the table to use. If you're using a crosstab, you should specify which single column to use under COLUMN MANIPULATIONS > Columns to show.
3. OPTIONAL: Under Chart > APPEARANCE deselect the option Hide unfilled icons.
4. OPTIONAL: Under Chart > APPEARANCE set the Total icons per bar to 10, and the Units per icon (scale) to 0.1.
5. OPTIONAL: Under Chart > APPEARANCE > Icon select "Money", and under Chart > DATA SERIES set the palette to a custom color.
How to Create a Single Icon Pictograph
How to Create a Repeated Icon Pictograph
How to Create a Repeated Icon Pictograph Showing Proportions
How to Use a Custom Icon in a Pictograph
Article is closed for comments.