Displayr's Cloud Drive can be used for saving a variety of files. These files include images, company logos, client data sets, and chart templates. In addition, you can access a range of features like Data Stacking, Merging (Combine By Case/Variable), and data exporting/publishing. You can even share raw data files or R tables and charts between your company documents.
From your account, you can access the cloud drive via your Profile icon > Displayr cloud drive.
You will be presented with a table that lists all the files that are stored within your company's cloud drive. This includes auditable information such as when it was last modified and what company document was last updated or called it.
- Either a professional user license (capped at 10GB) or an Enterprise License (unlimited access).
Saving to the Cloud Drive
1. In your document, click on your Profile icon > Displayr cloud drive.
2. Click the Upload button and select the files you wish to upload. In this example, we have uploaded a logo and a data set that we want to use in our document.
3. Alternatively, if you already have your data sets loaded in your document, you can also add these individually via Publish > Export Data > To Displayr Cloud Drive as SPSS File (.SAV) or To Displayr Cloud Drive as CSV File (.CSV), see How to Publish Data to the Displayr Cloud Drive.
Loading from the Cloud Drive
1. Click Data Sets > Plus (+) > Displayr Cloud Drive and choose the desired file. In this example we are loading the 'Demo' data set into another document:
2. [OPTIONAL] Set the desired update frequency for Automatically refresh every X hours at the top of the Select a data file screen.
If you wish to manually update the data ahead of the automatic refresh, simply click the Data Sets tree folder and click Update > Displayr Cloud Drive > OK on the object inspector.
3. Next, we can add the saved logo to the first page via Image > Displayr Cloud Drive and choose the previously loaded image file.
Sharing R objects between documents
It is possible to share tables or visualizations created via Visualization with other documents using the Cloud Drive.
1. Select your table or visualization.
2. Go to Publish > Export Object to Displayr Cloud Drive in the ribbon.
3. Name your file and then press Export.
Note that tables are saved as R files (*.rds) and visualizations are saved as R-rendered HTML widgets without the underlying data included.
Here, we have saved the income table as an R object called 'test'.
If you have a Displayr Enterprise license, it's also possible to save an R-based custom analysis tool for use across multiple documents. To learn how to share a custom analysis tool, see: How to Share a Custom Analysis Tool Between Documents.
How to Access the Displayr Cloud Drive Using R
How to Share a Custom Analysis Tool Between Documents
Create a Separate Data Preparation Document
How to Publish Data to the Displayr Cloud Drive
How to Upload a PowerPoint Chart Design Template to Displayr
How to Merge Files by Variable (Add New Variables)
Article is closed for comments.