This article describes how to go from crosstabbed data containing at least one numeric or date variable for the rows:
To a state where you have a type of stacked area chart called a streamgraph where it is modified so that the streams are centered around the y-axis:
You will need to have one of the following:
- A crosstabbed table that has a numeric or date variable set as the rows.
- Variables, including at least one numeric or date variable, that are suitable for crosstabbing, or
- Crosstabbed input data that is stored in a spreadsheet document with a numeric or date variable set as the rows.
- From the toolbar, go to Visualization > Time Series > Stream.
- Under Inputs > DATA SOURCE > Output in 'Pages' select your table output. Note that for a streamgraph the row names of the output must be dates or numeric.
Alternatively, you can use 2 other data source methods:
- Variables in 'Data' - select your date or numeric variable from the Data Sets tree which will be used for the x-axis. Under Groups select your second variable which will be used as y coordinates of the series on the streamgraph.
- Paste or Type data button - directly enter data into a spreadsheet object into Displayr. This input should be in a similar form as the first option, with date or numeric row names in the far left column.