This article describes how to go from crosstabbed data containing at least one numeric or date variable for the rows:
To a state where you have a type of stacked area chart called a streamgraph where it is modified so that the streams are centered around the y-axis:
You will need to have one of the following:
- A crosstabbed table that has a numeric or date variable set as the rows
- Variables, including at least one numeric or date variable, that are suitable for crosstabbing, or
- Crosstabbed input data that is stored in a spreadsheet document with a numeric or date variable set as the rows
- With the table selected, from the object inspector, go to OUTPUT > Visualization > Time Series > Stream.
Alternatively, you can use 2 other data source methods:
From the toolbar, go to Visualization > Time Series > Stream. Click onto the page to place the visualization, and then...
- From Variables in 'Data' in the object inspector, select your date or numeric variable from the Data Sets tree which will be used for the x-axis. Under Groups select your second variable which will be used as y coordinates of the series on the streamgraph.
- From the object inspector, click Paste or Type data. Directly enter or paste data into the spreadsheet object into Displayr. This input should be in a similar form as the first option, with date or numeric row names in the far left column.