Sometimes you may want a table that is a bit more customized than some of our built-in tables allow. With Autofit tables, you can control the formatting and spacing of the table to align with outputs and give your report a cohesive feel. This article describes how to go from a standard table...
...to a table that can align perfectly with other outputs.
One of the following:
- A table that you wish to automatically fit the width of your page.
- A table with rows that you wish to align with the rows of another output on your page.
- A table with columns that you wish to align with the columns of another output on your page.
1. Select Table > Paste or Enter Table.
2. In the object inspector select the table you wish to display by going to Inputs > DATA SOURCE > Output in 'Pages'.
3. Tick Inputs > OUTPUT > Autofit.
4. Tick Inputs > DATA MANIPULATION > Switch rows and columns to reverse the rows and columns of the source table.
5. Drag the Autofit table by its edges until it aligns with the desired output.
6. Optional: Use the Format tab to adjust font and colors for cells and headers.
7. Optional: Sort and filter rows and columns on the Inputs tab.