This article describes how to go from a bar, column, or pyramid chart that has a single series of data shown in one color, like this:
To a chart that uses a custom color for one category in the chart to draw attention to it:
- A bar, column, or pyramid visualization. Note that this does not apply to legacy visualizations, which have the words "with Tests" at the end.
1. Select the visualization on the Page.
2. Under Chart > DATA SERIES check the box labeled Multiple colors within a single series.
3. Under Chart > DATA SERIES > Color palette select Custom Palette (color pickers).
4. For each of the categories in the chart, select a different color in the same order the items appear in the chart. To create the example above, set the first two color pickers to blue, the third to red, and the rest to blue, like this:
5. Make sure Automatic is checked (or click Calculate).