This article describes how to go from a bar, column, or pyramid chart that has a single series of data shown in one color, like this:
To a chart that uses a custom color for one category in the chart to draw attention to it:
- A bar, column, or pyramid visualization. Note that this does not apply to legacy visualizations, which have the words "with Tests" at the end.
1. Select the visualization on the Page.
2. Under Chart > DATA SERIES check the box labeled Multiple colors within a single series.
3. Under Chart > DATA SERIES > Color palette select Custom Palette (color pickers).
4. For each of the categories in the chart, select a different color in the same order the items appear in the chart. To create the example above, set the first two color pickers to blue, the third to red, and the rest to blue, like this:
5. Make sure Automatic is checked (or click Calculate).
How to Create a Clustered Bar Chart
How to Create a Stacked Bar Chart
How to Create Several Bar Charts Using Small Multiples
How to Create a Clustered Column Chart
How to Create a Stacked Column Chart
How to Add a Line to a Column Chart (Second Y-Axis)
How to Create Several Column Charts Using Small Multiples
How to Apply a Gradient Palette to a Bar, Column, or Pyramid Visualization
Article is closed for comments.