This article describes how to reduce the size of a data file that is too large to upload to the Displayr Cloud Drive directly. The current limit for upload is 16GB. Saving a .sav file as a QDat file in Q may result in reducing the file size to enable it to be successfully uploaded to the Displayr Cloud Drive.
AQDatfile is a compressed version of your data set that combines the raw variables with any additional constructions and calculations created by the user. These dynamic variables will effectively become hard-coded in this new data set which in turn improves performance.
- A Professional or Enterprise Displayr license.
- A document with one or more loaded data sets (.sav, .xml, .sss, .mdd, .xls, .xlsx, .csv).
- If using Q:
- A Windows computer.
- An installation of Q or Q Reader. If you do not have a Q license, click hereto download and install Q Reader.
The following steps provide an summary of the approaches used to reduce an original 2.9GB .sav file down to 120MB .QDat file.
Using Displayr Alone
- Create a new, blank Displayr document
- Upload the data file as a new data set. See: Get Your Data Into Displayr
- Publish the data set to the Cloud Drive: How to Publish Data to the Displayr Cloud Drive
Using Q and Displayr:
- Open the .sav file in Q (or the free Q Reader will also work)
- Go to Tools > Save Data As SPSS/CSV File and click OK
- In the dialogue box, in the save as type drop down select QDat Files
- Name the file and click Save.
- Go to Displayr
- Open up a new document
- At the top right hand side click on the user icon (a black circle with person inside)
- Click on Displayr cloud drive and click
- Drag the QDat file from Windows explorer onto the Select Files to Upload box and click the Upload button
- Go back to Displayr by clicking on the back button in your web browser.
- In the data sets tree click on Add a data set and select Displayr Cloud Drive.
- Choose the QDat file from the list and click OK