This article describes how to do an F-Test to compare two variances. An F-test of equality of variances is used to test for the null hypothesis that two normal populations have the same variance.
A data set that contains a numeric outcome variable and a categorical variable with two groups you wish to compare.
- Select Anything > Advanced Analysis > Test > Variance > F-Test to Compare Two Variances
- For Outcome, select the variable containing the numeric data
- For Group, select the categorical variable containing the two groups you want to compare
- OPTIONAL: Select Variable names to display variable names in the output instead of the variable labels
- OPTIONAL: Select More decimal places to display more decimal places of precision in the output.