This article describes how to perform the Wilcoxon signed-rank test to assess whether the median of the sample is equal to a specified value.
A Displayr document with a data set.
- Go to Anything > Advanced Analysis > Test > Nonparametric > Single Sample Wilcoxon Test.
- Specify the variable to use under Inputs > Single-Sample Wilcoxon Test > Variable.
OPTIONAL: You can adjust the following settings to modify your output:
- mu - Median of the variable, as assumed under the null hypothesis.
- Alternative hypothesis - Use a two-sided or one-sided test.
- Type of test - Method by which the p-value is computed.
- Summary - Shows a nicely formatted table of the test results (default).
- R - The original text-based output from the wilcox.test function.
- Variable names - Display Variable Names in the output, instead of Variable Labels.
- More decimal places - Display numeric values with 8 decimal places.