This article describes how to perform Wilcoxon signed-rank test comparing the median between a pair of samples.
For samples of different sizes see How to Perform Two-Sample Wilcoxon Rank Sum Test.
A Displayr document with a data set.
- Go to Anything > Advanced Analysis > Test > Nonparametric > Paired Samples Wilcoxon Test.
- Specify the two input variables under Inputs > Paired Samples Wilcoxon Test > Variable 1 and Variable 2.
OPTIONAL: Adjust any other options and settings as required.
- mu - Difference between the median of the two samples, as assumed under the null hypothesis.
- Alternative hypothesis - Use a two-sided or one-sided test.
- Type of test - Method by which the p-value is computed.
- Summary - Shows a nicely formatted table of the test results (default).
- R - The original text-based output from the wilcox.test function.
- Variable names - Display Variable Names in the output, instead of Variable Labels.
- More decimal places - Display numeric values with 8 decimal places.