This article describes how to stack a single series of time series data by year, to facilitate year-on-year comparisons (eg, seasonality, growth).
A table constructed from a Date/Time variable with at least two years of data.
- Go to Table > Specialty > Time Series Stacked by Year.
- Select the date table in Inputs > Stack Years > Data table.
OPTIONAL: The following options can be modified to update the output table:
- Number of years - The number of years to show as rows (columns) in the final table.
- Calendar years - If selected, years refer to the actual year. Otherwise, they refer to the 12 months up until the most recent date.
- Period number - If selected, period numbers rather than dates (of the final year) are shown.
- Switch rows and columns - Transposes the output table.
Technical details: Years can have uneven numbers of periods.