This article describes how to go from the original scale of a variable set:
To a reversed scale:
- Familiarity with the Structure and Value Attributes of Variable Sets.
- A variable that uses a scale.
- Select the variable(s) that you wish to reverse the scale from the Data Sets tree.
- Go to Anything > Data > Miscellaneous > Reverse Scales in Variable Set(s).
- OPTIONAL: If the scale includes a "Don't know" option, you will be prompted to include that assigned value when reversing the scales. In my example above, I have excluded it from the reversal and it retains its original value.
- You can review the reversed scale by selecting the variable, and then, in the object inspector, go to Properties > DATA VALUES > Values.
How to Recode Variables Using Category Midpoints
How to Recode into Existing or New Variables
Article is closed for comments.