During the data cleaning process, you may find outliers in your Numeric data. You can able to cap these low/high outliers or treat those values as missing data automatically for variables you select. This article describes how recode a numeric variable containing high or low outlier values:
To one where those outliers are excluded from reporting and analyses:
- Numeric variable(s) containing high or low outlier values that you want to recode as missing values.
1. From the Data Sets tree, select your Numeric variable(s) or data set name to do this for all numeric variables in the data set.
2. Select Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Recode > and then select one of the following depending on whether you want to set high or low values as missing:
- Set High Values to Missing in Numeric Variable(s).
- Set Low Values to Missing in Numeric Variable(s).
3. Enter the value that you want to use as the cutoff, similar to the high values cut-off dialog below:
How to Rebase Multiple Response Data in Variable(s) to NET
How to Add Top K Category Variables
How to Add Bottom K Category Variables
How to Recode High Values (Capping) in Numeric Variables
How to Recode Low Values (Capping) in Numeric Variables
How to Remove Don't Know Categories
Article is closed for comments.