This article describes how to create a banner:
A Displayr document with a data set.
- Select a variable or variable set in the data sets tree.
- Go to Anything > Data > Variables > New > Banner.
- A new variable "BANNER" will appear in the data sets tree and the object inspector will open so that you can add additional variables to the banner by dragging and dropping:
- OPTIONAL: You can create nested banners by dropping a variable above or below the existing banner points, as I've done with the "Income" variable in the video above.
- You can configure the banner using the following options:
Properties > GENERAL > Label - Name for the banner to be created.
Add sub-NETs - When checked, the NET of each question is also included in the banner.
Add overall NET When checked, a single NET is added to the end of the banner, representing the combination of all of the questions' categories.
Add column spans of variable set names - This causes the label of the variable or variable set to appear as a span.
- OPTIONAL: You can customize the banner by merging categories within banner spans. For example, to merge age groups.
- Create an output on the Page by dragging a variable onto the Page and select the banner as the columns input.
- Select the columns to be merged and click Combine > As One Category.
- OPTIONAL: Rename the combined category by clicking Rename.