This article describes how to import data sets from your local computer or drive(s) to your Displayr document.
One of the following data file formats:
- SPSS (.sav)
- Triple-S (.xml or .sss)
- IBM SPSS Data Model (.mdd)
- Excel (.xls or .xlsx)
- CSV (.csv)
If you have a choice of formats, always prefer SPSS (.sav), Triple-S (.xml or .sss) or IBM SPSS Data Model (.mdd) as these contain your original question/answer labels and values, and also describe how to group multiple variable questions together. Excel and CSV files may require additional setup depending on whether they have been exported as labels or values.
1. Select Data Sets > Plus (+).
2. Click My Computer.
3. Select the appropriate file from your local machine or drive(s) via the dialog box then press Open.
If you have a large data set, it's best to use this method. Note that Displayr is currently limited to data files less than 1GB in size and your document must load reliably in under 2 minutes.
1. OPTIONAL: As Displayr is optimized for SPSS files, if large, you can first compress your SPSS data set as a .ZIP file.
2. Select Data Sets > Plus (+).
3. Either drag your file over to the Drop your file here or click to browse section, or else click to bring up the Open File dialog, select your file then press Open.
Note, to update your file, select your data set in the Data Sets tree and press Update in the object inspector then repeat the above steps.