- If you are relatively new to analyzing survey data, please read Find the Best Possible Data File before proceeding, as a lot of time can be saved by making sure you have the best possible file format. (Excel and CSV files may require additional setup depending on whether they have been exported as labels or values.)
- One of the following data file formats:
- SPSS (.sav)
- Triple-S (.xml or .sss)
- IBM SPSS Data Model (.mdd)
- Excel (.xls or .xlsx)
- CSV (.csv)
If you have a large data set, it's best to use Method 2. Note that Displayr is currently limited to data files less than 1GB in size and your document must load reliably in under 2 minutes, regardless of the file size. The limitation is on the size of the file, not the number of cases or variables.
1. Select Data Sets > Plus (+).
2. Click My Computer.
3. Select the appropriate file from your local machine or drive(s) via the dialog box then press Open.
1. OPTIONAL: As Displayr is optimized for SPSS files, if large, you can first compress your SPSS data set as a .zip file.
2. Select Data Sets > Plus (+).
3. Either drag your file over to the Drop your file here or click to browse section, or else click in this area to bring up the Open File dialog, select your file then press Open.
Note, to update your file, select your data set in the Data Sets tree and press Update in the object inspector then repeat the above steps.
How to Import Data into Displayr
Article is closed for comments.