This article describes how to import a data set into Displayr using our Qualtrics integration.
Please note that a data set added via the Qualtrics integration will always update whenever you load the Displayr document. The automatic refresh setting described below is designed to simplify the updating process.
- A paid Qualtrics plan that includes API access. To check whether a Qualtrics account has API access, contact the Qualtrics Administrator at your organization. A Qualtrics Administrators may contact a sales representative at Qualtrics to discuss licensing for API access.
- A Displayr document.
Finding your Qualtrics API information
1. Your Qualtrics Base URL is the base URL when you are logged into your account with "/API" appended to it.
We usually recommend using one of the two for your Base URL:
You can find the datacenter ID and organization ID by logging into your Qualtrics account and going to Account Settings at the top right. Then go to the Qualtrics IDs section of the settings and look for a box that looks like this:
2. Once logged in to Qualtrics, you'll need to then find your Qualtrics API Token:
- Click on the User icon at the upper right-hand corner of the window and go to Account Settings.
- Click on the Qualtrics IDs tab.
- Copy the string of alphanumeric text labeled "Token" in the box labeled API. This is your Qualtrics API Token.
- If this is empty, you'll need to generate an API token by clicking the Generate Token button at the bottom of the API box.
3. Note that you will need to keep these details safe as Displayr won't automatically save them in your document.
Importing your Qualtrics data
1. Select Data Sets > Plus (+) > Qualtrics.
2. Using your copied Base URL and API Token, enter these details on the subsequent screen
3. Then, for the Automatically refresh every field enter a number, in hours, for how often your data should update. If you leave it blank, the data will update every time you load the Displayr document.
4. Once you're done, press OK.
5. Select the desired survey and Displayr will add it as a data set to your document.
- For security, the Base URL must start with "https://". More information on your Base URL can be found at Base URL and Datacenter IDs.
- For more information on Qualtrics API Tokens, look at API Key Authentication.
- We do not currently support importing surveys with more than 1 million responses.
- Data is not updated automatically. You will need to update your data file through the API manually.
- Qualtrics Side-by-Side questions may have missing data for some multiple-response questions within them. Qualtrics is aware of this issue and intends to fix it in the future.
- When importing Qualtrics "Matrix - Profile" questions, value labels may not be imported correctly if the columns of the matrix are labeled differently between different rows.
- For Single Answer or Matrix - Single Answer questions, a new value may be added called "Not Answered" to represent cases where a respondent has been shown a particular option but decided not to choose any value for it. Cases where a respondent was not shown the option (e.g. due to randomization) are represented with Missing Values.
Once you've imported your data, it's always a good idea to Check Your Data.