This article describes how to use the same Control (e.g. Combo box) on multiple Pages in your document.
In doing this, your Control will show the current selections and can be changed no matter which Page of your report you are on. It will also allow you to use the same Filter variable linked to the Control across multiple pages.
- A Displayr document.
- A Control Box object (see How to Create a Combo Box Filter or How to Create a List Box Filter).
- In your Displayr document, click on the Page Master icon in the toolbar.
- Select one of the existing template pages, right-click and select Duplicate.
- Under Properties > GENERAL > Label, give this new page a distinctive name, e.g. "Control Page".
- Exit the Page Master view by clicking on the below icon in the toolbar:
- Select the Control (s) you wish to use on multiple Pages and press CTRL+X on your keyboard.
- Return to the Page Master (Step 1), select the Page (e.g. "Control Page"), and press CTRL+V on your keyboard.
- Position the Control (s) to the desired position on the Page, and exit the Page Master view.
- To add a Page with the Control(s) go to Anything > Page Design > Page > New, and select the "Control Page" from the list.
To add the controls to an existing page, select the Page, go to the object inspector > Layout > Page Layou,t and select the "Control Page" from the list.