This article describes how to go through your document and hide variable sets that have a large number of categories. You may specify the number of categories that you wish to consider large. This can be helpful when you wish to automatically create a large number of tables using one of the built-in functions such as Banner Tables, Summary Tables, Crosstabs, etc. and some of the resulting tables would be too large and hence unhelpful. Rather than sorting through your list of variable sets to determine which to keep, you can use this feature to first hide any variable sets that would generate large tables.
- Categorical variable sets with 1 or more categories in your document's data set.
- From the toolbar menu, select Anything > Hide/Unhide > Hide Data with Many Categories.
- You will then be prompted to enter a value for the maximum number of categories to keep in a variable set.
- When you press OK, any variable set which contains more categories than the value specified will be hidden.
- If you later wish to unhide all these variable sets, select Anything > Hide/Unhide > Unhide Data with Many Categories. Note that this option will only unhide variables sets that were hidden using Hide Data with Many Categories and will not affect variable sets that were originally hidden by a different method.