A Displayr document contains lots of different things: calculations, variables, length of responses in text variables, data sets, visualizations, tables, images, text boxes, shapes, controls, etc. The fewer things in a document, and the smaller the things are, the smaller the document will become. Particular things that are useful to reduce are:
- Reduce the size of the data file, by:
- Saving it in a more efficient format (e.g., a QDat file), see How to Publish Data to the Displayr Cloud Drive.
- Remove any unnecessary variables and cases. See:
- Reduce the size of results (e.g., from calculations), see Minimize the Size and Distance of Data Being Moved.
- Reduce the Number of Calculations in a Document and also consider other tips within our How to Reduce Reliance on Code section.
- Reduce the number and size of images used in a document, see Review your Document's Memory Usage if this may be an issue. Keep in mind you can add images that are used frequently to a layout in the Page Master to have it appear on multiple pages, see How to Insert Your Company Logo in the Page Master.
Many times when our team reviews documents that are "slow", they discover hundreds or even thousands of unwanted tables and variables.