Sometimes documents are slow because they contain a large number of constructed variables (e.g., top 2 box scores, text categorizations, factor analysis results, etc.). Or, because they contain lots of deleted cases. When the document is used to create a dashboard this can cause the document to be too slow. A way of fixing this is to:
- Duplicate the document from your Documents page (via the ellipses button when hovering over the document's name), giving the duplicate a name like Data Preparation.
- Open the duplicated document, and go to Publish > Export Data > To Displayr Cloud Drive as Q Data File (.QDat).
- On the next screen, select Whenever document is published to update the file whenever the document is published, or Just now to only publish the file once, then click OK.
- In the original document, select the data set and press Update in the object inspector.
- Click Displayr Cloud Drive and select the file you just created in the second step. This can also be set to occur regularly (e.g., for a tracker).
- Go through the document and resolve any issues.
This approach is generally advisable for large trackers.