This article describes how to create a grid of averages from a nominal - multi variable set:
- A Displayr document with data set and at least one Nominal - Multi variable set
- Select a Nominal - Multi variable set from the data sets tree.
- OPTIONAL: Make a copy of the original variable set by clicking Duplicate from the toolbar.
- Go to Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Restructure > Averages Grid.
- Choose the Grid Structure and click Accept.
- The Nominal - Multi variable set will be converted to a Numeric - Multi variable set.
The values used to calculate the averages are determined by the values assigned in Value Attributes. To change these values, click the Numeric - Multi variable set in the Data Sets tree, and then in the object inspector click Values. In the Value Attributes dialog, edit the value for each category (e.g. using frequencies as in the example below or in the case of ranges, mid-points of those ranges).