Sometimes with scaled questions or numeric variables, you may want to bucket ranges or see a breakdown of proportion of people giving certain scores. This article describes how to go from displaying averages for each variable in a table:
To a table displaying categories and percentages for each variable in the variable set:
- Familiarity with the Structure and Value Attributes of Variable Sets.
- A Numeric variable or Numeric - Multi variable set for which you want to display as categories and percentages for each numeric value.
Method - Automatic
- Create a table from your variable or variable set by dragging it from the Data Sets tree onto the page.
- Select the variable or variable set in the Data Sets tree.
- From the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Restructure > Percentages.
- OPTIONAL: If prompted, select the values to count and click OK.
Method - Manual
- Select the variable set in the Data Sets tree.
- OPTIONAL: Click Duplicate if wanting to preserve a copy of the variable set shown as averages.
- In the object inspector on the right, change the Structure to the appropriate Nominal or Ordinal structure per Variable Sets.