This article describes how you can use a QScript to combine several Binary - Multi questions into a Binary Grid question, or several Number - Multi questions into a Number - Grid. This QScript can also be used to combine questions from a grid that have been stored in the data file without the appropriate labeling.
Below is an example of two Awareness questions:
Below, combined into a grid:
- A data set loaded into a document in Displayr.
- The input questions to be combined as a grid must have identical labels. It is usually better to ask your data provider to set up the labels in your file so that the grid structure can be automatically determined when you import the data, and the recommended specifications are here.
To apply this QScript:
- Either hover over any variable in your Data Sets tree > Plus (+) > Insert Variable(s) > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Combine Variable Sets as a Grid or else from the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > New > Ready-Made New Variable(s) > Combine Variable Sets as a Grid.
- Choose the variables you'd like to combine
- This QScript derives appropriate labels by adding the name to the existing variable labels.