This article describes how to go from a displaying individual categories and percentages for a categorical variable set:
To a displaying an average for each variable:
- Familiarity with the Structure and Value Attributes of Variable Sets.
- A categorical (Nominal or Ordinal) variable set which contains meaningful underlying numeric values. For example, a 1-10 scale likelihood to recommend question for multiple brands.
Method - Automatic
1. Create a table from your variable set by dragging it from the Data Sets tree onto the page.
2. Select the variable set in the Data Sets tree.
3. From the toolbar menu, select Anything > Data > Variables > Modify > Restructure > Averages.
Method - Manual
1. Select the variable set in the Data Sets tree.
2. [OPTIONAL]: Click Duplicate if wanting to preserve a copy of the variable set shown as averages.
3. In the object inspector on the right, change the Structure to the appropriate Numeric structure per Variable Sets.