This article describes how to create an entity list from open-ended text data:
and sentiment scores calculated from an open-end text variable:
And crosstab them to see sentiment scores by saved categories from an entity list:
You will need at least two Text variables in order to perform automatic coding. Text variables are represented by a small a next to the variable and can be found in the Data Set tree:
One text variable should be suitable for creating any entity list and another text variable to calculate sentiment.
Step 1 - create an entity list
- Go to Anything > Advanced Analysis > Text Analysis > Automatic Categorization > Entity Extraction.
- In the object inspector, under Inputs > DATA SOURCE > Text variable select the text variable you want to automatically code into an entity list.
- From Inputs > SAVE VARIABLE(S), click Categories, and a new variable will be inserted into your Data Sets tree.
Step 2 - calculate sentiment
- Select the text variable from the Data Sets tree.
- Go to Anything > Advanced Analysis > Text Analysis > Sentiment.
- A new variable with a Numeric structure will appear in your Data Sets tree that represents the sentiment score.
Step 3 - compare sentiment by entities
- Create a crosstab by dragging the entity list categories variable from Step 1 above onto a Page.
- Drag the sentiment score variable that was calculated in Step 2 above into the Columns of the crosstab table.
How to Calculate Sentiment Scores for Open-Ended Responses
How To Automatically Code Unstructured Text Data Into an Entity List
Article is closed for comments.