If a single variable set from your survey has been broken into multiple variables or variable sets by Displayr, or Displayr seems to have merged two variables (sets) together, then this article describes how to help you fix your project.
- A Displayr document that contains some data
For example, A single survey variable set can be made up of multiple variables in your data file. Many data file formats do not include information about which variables should be grouped together. In these cases, Displayr makes an educated guess: it looks for common variable labels and detects variables with common answers.
If Displayr does not group variables together that should be grouped together:
- Select the variables that should be grouped together in the Data Sets tree.
- To merge them together, click on Anything > Combine and this will combine those variables into one Variable Set.
- You may get a warning in the object inspector on the right of the screen about the values to be counted and they should be verified. Click on Fix.
- Review the Value Attributes and if they seem fine, click OK.
Split a question
- To break each problem question into its constituent variables, select the variable in the Data Sets tree.
- Go to Anything > Split and this will split the question out into individual variables.