This article describes how to use a Control Box to select which rows or columns are shown in a visualization. The post contains the steps required to go from a Page with a visualization showing data for all age groups...
...to a Page where the user can select which age groups (columns) to show based on a Control Box selection.
- A Control Box control (see How to Create a Combo Box Filter or How to Create a List Box Filter).
- A visualization created by going to Visualization using the below-mentioned Output in 'Pages' as its DATA SOURCE.
- A table created by going to Table > Paste or Enter table, using the below-mentioned Output in 'Pages' as its DATA SOURCE.
- An Output in 'Pages' with row/column labels matching the Item list of the Control Box.
- Select your visualization/table and go to the object inspector > Inputs > ROW/COLUMN MANIPULATIONS > Select row/Columns to show by.
- Select Choosing from Combo Box or List Box control.
- In Row/Columns to show, select the Control Box you wish to use to select the data. Ensure that the Control Box list matches the labels used in rows/columns of Output in the 'Pages' data source. In this example, the Control Box List contains the different Age groups as seen in columns of the table below the visualization above.