This article describes how to use a Control Box to select which rows or columns are shown in a visualization. The post contains the steps required to go from a Page with a visualization showing data for all age groups...
...to a Page where the user can select which age groups (columns) to show based on a Control Box selection.
- A Control Box control (see How to Create a Combo Box Filter or How to Create a List Box Filter).
- A Displayr Visualization, excluding Chart with Test Visualizations.
- A table created using the Table > Paste or Enter Table.
- An above-mentioned output type with row/column labels matching the Item list of the Control Box.
- Select your visualization/table and go to the object inspector > Inputs > ROW/COLUMN MANIPULATIONS > Select row/Columns to show by.
- Select Choosing from Combo Box or List Box control.
- In Row/Columns to show, select the Control Box you wish to use to select the data. Ensure that the Control Box list matches the labels used in rows/columns of your output. data source. In this example, the Control Box List contains the different Age groups as seen in columns of the table below the visualization above.