This article describes how to import a data set into Displayr using our Forsta (formerly Decipher) integration.
Please note that a data set added via the integration will always update whenever you load the Displayr document. The automatic refresh setting described below is designed to simplify the updating process.
- A paid Forsta/Decipher plan that includes API access.
- A Displayr document.
Finding your Forsta (formerly Decipher) API information
1. Your Base URL is the base URL when you are logged into your account with "/API" appended to it. This will take the form of https://surveys.yourcompany.com/API or https://yourcompany.decipherinc.com/
2. Once logged in, you'll need to then find your full API Token:
- Click on your User profile and select API Access. This will take you to the API access page which lists all users who have generated API keys.
- If you don't have an API key or need to generate a new one, click Create new API key then enter "self" > OK > OK.
- Note that the full API token is required which is made up of both the public and private key. Once generated, the private key will no longer be accessible via your Decipher portal.
Importing your data
1. Select Data Sets > Plus (+) > Forsta (formerly Decipher).
2. Using your copied Base URL and API Token, enter these details on the subsequent screen.
3. Enter a number in hours for how often your data should be updated then press OK.
4. Select the desired survey and Displayr will add it as a data set to your document.
The integration will export data based on the standard export settings configured in Forsta. If your open end text data is getting truncated in Displayr, you can change the setting in the standard export settings and this will determine how much of the text is downloaded in Displayr.
Once you've imported your data, it's always a good idea to Check Your Data.