Displayr (and our sister software Q) use special file types called QPacks. This is a compressed file that contains both the Project File (.Q) used to create the report and outputs as well as the data set (e.g., .sav file, API info, etc) used to populate the report. You can use this QPack file interchangeably not only between the two software but also between different Dispalyr documents. This article specifically describes how to download a QPack file from Displayr, make changes in Q, and then re-upload to your Displayr document. When you upload a QPack to Displayr it recreates the entire report and uses the data as specified in the QPack. If you're looking to just update the data used in a Displayr document see, How to Update a Data Set in Displayr.
- A paid or trial Q license. Q is Displayr's desktop sister product. See Q Research Software for details.
- A Displayr document.
- You wish to make changes beyond simply updating the underlying data file in your project.
Part 1- Download your QPack
You must begin by downloading your work from Displayr. The file that you download is a .QPack file. This contains all of the tables, charts, and other work you have done in Displayr, along with the data sets that you have used. To download your work:
- Open your document in Displayr.
- Select Publish > Export Data > Download Document (.QPack) and your file will download.
Note: When downloading the QPack, if you have files stored in the Displayr Cloud Drive, you will be prompted to download them directly when exporting.
Part 2 - Make changes in Q and save your work
Now you can open your QPack file in Q and make any necessary changes. Once you are done, you will want to save your work:
- Use File > Save As.
- Change the Save as type setting to Q Pack Files - project and data in one compressed file (*.QPack).
- Enter a name and click Save.
Part 3 - Upload your QPack
Now that you have done what you need in Q, and saved your work, it is time to upload your QPack into Displayr. To do so:
- Go back to your open document in Displayr.
- Click on the saved document name to the left of the Publish button to take you to the Version History group.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of document versions.
- Click + Upload New Version.
- Click Choose File, locate your file, and click Upload.
Please note the following:
- Ensure you are running a recent version of Q in case new features that have been added recently to Displayr may not be available in your version of Q.
- Filters work differently between Q and Displayr. If you select a table or other output that has filters applied, you will get a message that asks you if you want to reset them (which means turn off all the filters on the table). Unless you need to work on the table, it is usually best to decline this message.
- Each of your pages becomes a folder in your Q report. If you need to make layout changes, it is usually best to do them in Displayr after you upload your QPack again.
- If you accidentally upload the incorrect QPack to your document or there is some other issue, you can always revert your document to an earlier version via the Use this version button under Version History.
How to Create a Displayr Document Using a QPack
Article is closed for comments.